Samstag, 31. Januar 2015

New 1885 bustle

I had to make a new bustle for my victorian stuff, because I gave my old one to a friend. I used the Mantua Maker pattern again and tried to fix some issues the old bustle had, but it only resulted in more issues. Oh well. It still does what it's supposed to do. I probably won't use the pattern again though. I'm not sure how accurate it really is, the pattern pieces look odd and the whole thing feels wrong somehow. But then I'm by no means an expert. Anyway, it works and that's the important thing.

This is also my item for the first challenge of the Historical Sew Monthly 2015, yay! :)




The Challenge: No. 1: Foundations

Fabric: sturdy charcoal cotton

Pattern: The Mantua-Maker 1880s Bustle

Year: ca 1885

Notions: black poly thread, steel boning, tape

How historically accurate is it? Fabric type and colour are pretty accurate, it's machine sewn but that's alright for the 1880s. As mentioned above I'm not sure about the pattern though.

Hours to complete: I never track these things. 6-8 hours, I guess.

First worn: to a Victorian LARP on Jan 24th 2015

Total cost: no idea, everything came from stash.

13 Kommentare:


  1. شركة التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية وتنظيف المنازل والشقق والفلل بالدمام والخبر والقطيف والجبيل
    قسم خاص لتسليك المجاري بالضغط ومكافحة الحشرات وتنظيف للمجالس والسجاد والموكيت وتنظيف الخزانات
    نقدم افضل الخدمات المنزلية بالمنطق الشرقية 0551844053

    شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
    شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
    شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
    شركة تركيب وصيانة الكهرباء بالدمام والخبر
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل

    AntwortenLöschen